The GENIUS™ optical belt sorter, using a combination of various sorting technologies, is TOMRA Sorting Solutions answer to the continuously high requirements of the food industry and individual processors. It ensures safe and excellent quality food by removing any unwanted discolorations and foreign material etc.
The Genius™ is a modular sorting system and can be tailored to the customer’s requirements, taking into consideration their unique needs. With high resolution cameras, and lasers, the Genius™ offers different inspection technologies in different inspection zones. This way, the Genius™ achieves an unequalled sorting performance. After being scanned in the different inspection zones, the state-of-the-art air guns reject any defect within milliseconds in 2 or 3 separate streams. The good product proceeds its way in the processing line. Depending on the product, the right size of valve is determined.
- Dried fruit (Raisins, Figs, Prunes, Dried cherries)
- Fresh cut (Baby leaves, Mixed, Spinach, Whole head)
- Vegetables (Carrots, Peas, Frozen corn, Frozen zucchini, Dry beans, Green beans, Peppers, Baby leaf spinach)
- Nuts (Almonds, Cashews, Hazelnuts, Peanuts, Pecans, Pistachios, Sunflower, Sesame seeds, Walnuts, Pine nuts, Brazil nuts)
- IQF vegetables and fruit (IQF Blackberries, IQF Broccoli, IQF Mixed vegetables, IQF Strawberries)
- Fruit (Fresh blueberries, Cranberries, Fresh & frozen cherries, … and many many more!)
- Seafood (Scallops, Shrimps)
- Potatoes (French Fries, Chips).
Many other GENIUS application videos, … searching Tomra Genius in Youtube