Air curtains have become the air conditioning devices par excellence in many commercial premises in recent years, whether they are small shops or large areas such as shopping centers. Given the great popularity these systems have achieved, a question arises: are air curtains really effective?
Studies have shown that by means of an efficient installation of these systems, we manage to air-condition the entrance of the room to the same level as the rest of the space, keeping it at a pleasant temperature and without entering bad odors, insects or bacteria of any kind. type that can pollute the environment.
MET MANN explains in more depth the reasons why air curtains are effective and why you should install one already in your business.
What do air curtains consist of and how do they work?
Air curtains are an air conditioning system that releases a jet of air creating an invisible barrier between inside and outside. They contribute to generating comfortable spaces by reducing air currents and regulating the interior temperature, managing to separate two different environments efficiently and without suppressing access to people. As if that were not enough, they also allow optimizing energy efficiency and energy consumption. Are you beginning to understand why air curtains are effective?
These air conditioning units have a grille through which air enters, which subsequently passes through fans installed inside and direct it towards the exit. They can operate continuously, either being operated manually or remotely via a remote. In addition, there are also models that have sensors that detect the opening of the door and operate the curtain.
Reasons why to use air curtains
If you still do not know first-hand the performance of these air conditioning devices, then we will tell you the main reasons why air curtains are so effective. A series of reasons that make this system an ideal air conditioning mode for your business.
- They guarantee comfort within the establishment of customers and workers, helping them to carry out their work in a much more pleasant environment and thus increasing their productivity. Regardless of the date of the year in which we find ourselves, a suitable climate is created and annoying air currents are avoided.
- The energy losses derived from the conditioning of the space and the improvement of the thermal conditions are reduced. With its installation, you will reduce maintenance costs while reducing CO2 emissions.
- They make it possible for you to keep the door of your business open, thus encouraging the influx of people to your premises and expanding the possibilities of increasing the number of sales.
- You manage to increase the useful space of the entrance to the premises, without having to install a hall. Another point in favor is that the business door can be used as a showcase, increasing the visibility of the interior.
- It acts as a barrier against the possible entry of dust, fumes, bad odors and all kinds of suspended particles, without forgetting possible pests and insects.
- Access to the premises is facilitated for people with reduced mobility, who have to use a wheelchair or who have to carry a baby carriage.
- Unlike other air conditioning equipment, its operation is very quiet so it will not generate noise pollution.