With a combination of various sorting technologies, the NIMBUS free fall sorter, by TOMRA Sorting Solutions, is the answer to the continuously high requirements of the food industry and individual processors. It ensures safe and excellent quality food by removing any unwanted discolorations, foreign material, deformed products etc.
The new generation of free-fall sorting solutions combines the efficiency of the laser detection together with the camera to sort discolorations and shape of products in free-fall. In addition to these conventional sorting methods, the Nimbus is able to sort based on biological characteristics, such as chlorophyll (FLUO™), mycotoxins (Detox™), water (SWIR), and can be equipped with a hyperspectral camera to identify the material’s unique fingerprint. The ejection system uses an optimal pitch for enhanced removal of defects. The Nimbus can be equipped with front sorting or a Rear Ejection. System for greater flexibility, lower false reject and improved yield.
- Dried Fruit (Raisins, Figs, Prunes, Dried cherries)
- Vegetables (Carrots, Peas, Frozen corn, Frozen zucchini, Dry beans, Green beans, Peppers, Baby leaf spinach)
- Nuts (Almonds, Cashews, Hazelnuts, Peanuts, Pecans, Pistachios, Sunflower, Sesame seeds, Walnuts, Pine nuts, Brazil nuts)
- IQF vegetables and fruit (IQF Blackberries, IQF Broccoli, IQF Mixed vegetables, IQF Strawberries)
- Fruit (Fresh blueberries, Cranberries, Fresh & frozen cherries, and many many more)
- Seafood (Mussels)
- Meat (Bacon bits).
The video shows a Nimbus machine sorting strawberries
Pecan sorting machine Nimbus - TOMRA Sorting
Walnut sorting machine Nimbus - TOMRA Sorting
Almonds sorting machine Nimbus - TOMRA Sorting
Almonds sorting machine Nimbus BSI - TOMRA Sorting
Raisin sorting machines Helius, Ixus & Nimbus - TOMRA Sorting