Postharvest webinars that will take place: on January 14th, January 21st and February 4th in South Africa and Australia
CITROSOL is pleased to invite you to our postharvest webinars that will take place on January 14 and 21, and February 4 in South Africa and Australia.
You can register at the following link to the webinar you wish to attend: REGISTER
14 January 2021: Wax application (70 min)
– Features of our waxes and practical recommendations for sound application. (Juan Carlos M. Loeches).
CITROSOL has developed during the last decade several new types of waxes and coatings with different functionalities. We will present an overview of them together with recommendations for sound application.
– New CI-Control formulations. Chilling Injury (CI) control with less active ingredients. (Jorge Bretó).
Thiabendazole may not be needed for Chilling injury control. We have developed new Chilling Injury control formulations for some of our coatings where we increase substantially their efficacy in the control of CI rind damage. The data obtained, and the experience gathered so far with their industrial use, opens the door to a reduction in the number of active ingredients used so far in the packinghouse.
21 January 2021: Reviewing Fresh Citrus Decay Control (60 min)
– Summary of the Biology of Citrus Decay. (Dr. Benito Orihuel).
A brief definition of the problem and a remembrance of which are the main factors that originate decay at arrival. We will present an Ishikawa diagram on the subject.
– How to control decay and rind disorders. (Jorge Bretó).
The scientific logic behind our proven standard treatments to control decay and rind disorders.
04 February 2021: Chem free treatments (50 min)
– New Citrosol ‘’chem free’’ recommendation. (Dr. Benito Orihuel).
The wrongly called “chem free” treatments can’t have so high efficacy as sound conventional chemistry treatments but Citrosol keeps advancing in this field, and the data on a new “chem free” treatment with rather high efficacy will be presented and discussed in this webinar.
– Plantseal® and Plantseal® Shine Free. The first citrus coatings certified as organic according to EU legislation. (Raúl Perelló).
We proudly present these two coatings. They are worldwide the first in its kind. Furthermore, they have excellent properties regarding weight loss control and film breakage resistance after heavy fruit condensation at container unloading.