On September 21st DECCO IBÉRICA celebrated its 50th anniversary with a major event at the Hemisfèric, in the City of Arts and Sciences in Valencia. The event was attended by 265 guests including executives, employees, mass media and company clients. Notable attendees included General Director of Decco Ibérica Miguel Sanchís, Decco Worldwide executives such as Decco Worldwide’s President François Girin, Decco Worldwide’s Marketing Director Daniel Albadí, and other distinguished guests such as Juan Carlos Ladaria, Enrique Alegre and José Juan Cortina.
The event set off at around 9 PM with the arrival of the attendees, who were greeted by a welcome cocktail, later moving on to the dining hall to enjoy a pleasant dinner. The evening was livened up with images from Decco’s 50-year history that were projected on the dome of the Hemisfèric, as well as a compilation of musical hits from the last 50 years created specifically for the anniversary celebration.
At 11:30 came the time for speeches, kicked off by François Girin, who highlighted the excellent quality of Decco Ibérica’s staff and gave an overview of the historic moment the company is experiencing: “We are writing the history of the next 50 years”, the company’s worldwide president stated.
For his part, Miguel Sanchís thanked all guests for their attendance to the event at such an important moment for the company, and expressed his special gratitude to all of Decco workers for their daily efforts to offer the very best service to their clients.
Once all speeches had been given came the night’s main attraction, a show starring the ‘Viviendo del cuento’ company which involved a recap of Decco Ibérica’s history throughout various decades and its many milestones:
- In the 60s the company was founded with the purpose of offering solutions to the hubs which commercialised fruit both within Spain and abroad
- In the 70s the facilities were moved from Quart de Poblet to much larger ones in Paterna due to the great projections for the company at the time
- In the 80s, new technological innovations and the launch of Decco’s star products Kenopel 20 and Deccoprozil.
- In the 90s the sector’s new problems were addressed with products such as the water purification equipment or the Deccodaf fungicide dosage unit
- In the 2000s was the launch of the zero-residue product line as well as the next-gen Melanite and Deccofos fungicides
The guests enjoyed dancing to music hits such as the 'Grease' soundtrack and were entertained by imitations of charming characters such as Eduard Punset or King Juan Carlos I. It was in this light that an unforgettable evening for everyone at Decco Ibérica came to an end – a company that is characterised by its constant evolution and growth, and that expects to keep doing so for years to come.
1 - Hemisfèric, in the City of Arts and Sciences in Valencia
2 - Decco Worldwide’s President François Girin
3 - General Director of Decco Ibérica Miguel Sanchís