SAKATA SEED CORPORATION is committed to the breeding, production, and marketing of high value vegetable and flower varieties that can bring an added value to all members of the food chain, from growers to consumers.
Amongst the fabulous varieties of product launched are broccoli Parthenon F1 and tomato Mini Star F1.
In 2014 Sakata began its second century of working in the seed business. Throughout this long history Sakata has remained loyal to its core values of Quality, Reliability and Services.
Today, the company continues to expand its activities investing at global and local level.
The range of vegetable species for which Sakata offers a range of varieties are:
- Asian Leafy Crop: Mizuna, Red Mustard Musred, Canton and Chingen Sai Pak Choi Types
- Baby Leaf: Swiss Chard, Rhubarb chard, Rocket
- Beet Root
- Bunching Onion
- Cabbages: White Round, Savoy and Semi-Savoy, Red Cabbage, Pointed Cabbage, Flat Cabbages
- Chinese Cabbage
- Cucumber: Mini, Slicing, Pickling
- Melon: Galia, Cantaloupe-Italo, Charentais
- Red Round Radish
- Rootstock for watermelon, melon and cucumber
- Spinach, Oriental Bunching, European Round Leaf
- Squash: Butternut, Halloween pumpkin, Zucchini
- Watermelon: Crimson, Sugar Baby, Seedless.