Avocado is a fruit that is considered a superfood also called "green gold" and is becoming more and more widely consumed. Global avocado production is expected to reach 12 million tons by 2030, 3 times more than in 2010, according to data from Rabobank.
One of the biggest logistical challenges is to ensure that the product arrives in the best conditions and without shrinkage. Thus, ensuring the good condition of the cargo during transit becomes a priority.
At BION we have the technology and the product to solve this need.
The combined use of controlled atmosphere and ethylene absorption technology is the best solution to minimize production loss and extend avocado shelf life.
TRANSPROTEKT, range of post-harvest filters
The TRANSPROTEKT range of filters is used to filter air and remove ethylene during the transport of fresh produce in refrigerated containers in order to extend their post-harvest life and reduce possible shrinkage.
ETHYL STOPPER, Post-harvest sachets, to control ethylene, other VOC´s, and rottenness
Sachets are BION's most effective, advanced, ecological and resistant solution for the control of ethylene and volatile organic compound gases (VOC's) to ensure that products reach the market in optimal conditions. Particulary, ETHYL STOPPER:
- Controls ethylene and VOC's in climacteric fruits.
- Increases shelf life of fruits and vegetables by removing ethylene and other volatile compound gases (VOC's) such as ethanol and acetaldehyde.
- Adsorbs ethylene in modified atmosphere packaging or polyethylene bags. It is suitable for air transport or with limited air ventilation.
- It slows down the ripening and aging process of climacteric fruit. Ethyl Stopper is safe and suitable for organically grown produce.
- Safeguards nutrients, aroma, color, vitamins and protects from dehydration. It eliminates unpleasant odors.
- Ethyl Stopper provides permanent protection from exporter to final destination.