PACKAGING SOLUTIONS FOR SHELF LIFE EXTENSION OF FRESH PRODUCE
Founded in 1992, STEPAC is a leading global developer and manufacturer of lean and sustainable modified atmosphere packaging solutions for shelf-life extension and reduction of waste in the fresh produce supply chain.
StePac's packaging solutions effectively slow respiration of the packed produce, delay ageing processes and inhibit microbial decay. This serves to preserve the quality and nutritional value of the produce and supports prolonged storage, long haul shipment, reduces supply chain waste and improves the consumer experience.
StePac pioneered the development of advanced polymer films with a range of water vapor transmission rates to manage humidity in the packaging. To date, we have over 17 different film structures in our portfolio. By regulating the permeability of the film to oxygen and carbon dioxide we achieve the desired modified atmosphere for the produce being packed.
With more than 25 years’ experience, StePac has developed customized products for over 50 different produce items in a range of packaging formats, including:
Xtend® bulk packaging (carton liners, bin liners and pallet shrouds)
Xflow™ films for automated packing of bulk produce
Xgo™ retail packaging solutions including lidding film, roll-stock for flowpack applications, standing pouches and preformed bags
All of the products have a common feature – they are custom designed to extend shelf life of fresh produce and reduce food waste.
Our approach is uniquely holistic:
- With a deep understanding of the industry, we hold close, long-term customer relationships, and continuously innovate to meet market trends
- We listen to client needs and provide simple solutions for complicated supply chain challenges, by combining postharvest scientific expertise, with sophisticated polymer and packaging engineering, and advanced manufacturing capabilities
- We work together with all stakeholders in the supply chain to maximize performance by offering complementary postharvest technical support including working protocols
Operating in over 25 countries through a worldwide network of leading distributors we are a passionate global team with a unique spirit and a shared vision of the future of fresh produce.
StePac. Your number one choice for fresh produce packaging.
Contact us for more info - we’re always happy to discuss how we can serve you best.
StePac Brasil Ltda
Rua Itapolis, 1921; Consolacao-CEP 01245-000 Sao Paulo - S.P. Brasil
+55 (11) 3596-7450
+55 (11) 3596-7453
+55 (11) 9 8932 3172
StePac L.A. Ltd.
Tefen Industrial Park, Building 12
P.O.Box 73 Tefen, Israel 2495900
StePac North America (Canada, Mexico, USA)
3111 Camino Del Rio North, Suite 400, San Diego, CA 92108
+1 (630) 605 7494
STEPAC offers customized solutions for:
- Fruits: Apple, Apricot, Avocado (Hass), Banana (green and yellow, pre and post ripened), Blackberry, Blueberry, Cherry, Grape, Kiwi, Lime, Litchi/ Lychee, Mango, Melon (Cantaloupe, Charantais, Galia, Honeydew), Nectarine, Passion fruit, Peach, Pear, Persimmon (Triumph), Pineapple, Pitaya (Dragon fruit), Plum, Pomegranate (fresh and arils), Raspberry, Red Currant, Strawberry, Watermelon (Baby).
- Vegetables: Asparagus (Green and White), , Beans, Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Cabbage, Carrot, Cauliflower, Celery, Chili pepper, Cucumber, Broccolini, Eggplant (Aubergine), Green onion, Leek, Lettuce, Mushroom, Okra, Parsnip, Pea (Snow peas, Sugarsnaps), Pepper, Radish, Squash, Zucchini, Sweet Corn, Tomato / Cherry tomato.
- Retail Packaging Solutions for Fresh Cut Vegetables: Beets (shredded), Broccoli (florets), Cabbage (chopped), Carrot (shredded), Cauliflower (florets), Celery (sticks), Chicory (leaves), Escarole, Fennel, Green Bunched Onions (shredded), Kale, Lettuce (Curly, Iceberg, Lisa Aldace, Red Leafy), Radicchio (leaves), Spinach, Swiss chard, Watercress.
- Packaging Solutions for Fresh Cut Culinary Herbs: Basil, Chives, Coriander, Dill, Mint, Parsley, Roccola, Rosemary, Sage, Thyme.
- Packaging Solutions for Fresh Oriental Herbs: Gai Lan, Song Hua Choi, Celtuce / Wo Ju / Wo Sun, Yu choy Miew.