Contributions to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals
The Sustainable Development Goals are the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all. They address the global challenges we face, including those related to poverty, inequality, climate change, environmental degradation, peace and justice. The 17 Goals are all interconnected, and in order to leave no one behind, it is important that we achieve them all by 2030. Contribution of individual and companies are the frame to make this achievement feasible.
Capp Plast is a leading company producing goods based on plastic. It count on three departments of which the “core business” is the Storage and Pallets Department specialises in the production of large polyethylene storage units and pallets to meet agricultural and industrial demands. Equipped with a complete range of presses (900 – 5,500 tons power), it offers the utmost flexibility to meet the agricultural and industrial markets’ demands. The production of 700,000 storage units a year positions the company as a European leader.
It also count on the Bottles Department, and a Flexible Packaging Department (film).
Main CAPP PLAST achievements
Capp Plast contributes to the achievement of many of the 17 Goals from different points of view:
- The plastic storage units and pallets can be used during 15/25 years. After this time it can be retired-regranulated and re-use the raw material to produce another product. The saves in CO2 production and water use can be calculated.
- Then all our production lines are zero waste: we can re-use scraps and other directly during production processes.
- The very smart way to work regarding some products as Smart box (with open wall could be a normal container/boxes) that after the use you can close and you can take only a pallet place instead an higher space, allows a reduction for the transport company and for customer, also contributing to reduce the CO2 emission.
- The heating / air conditioning system: since 2015 we have removed petrol / diesel furnace/ boiling to install a compressor which use hot air recuperated from the machinery. At the same time during summer can send to all office fresh air.
- For the flexible film production, we have reduce thickness of our wicket bags with the result to introduce less plastic instead of previous year. The real great success is to remain with the same characteristics!
All CAPP improvements focus directly to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals 9, 12 and 13. Goal 9 refers to innovation and infrastructure by the industry. Investments in infrastructure are crucial to achieving sustainable development. Responsible consumption and production is the Goal 12, and Climate action the Goal 13 (“climate change is a global challenge that affects everyone, everywhere”).
CAPP improvements also contribute to goals 3, 6, 11, 15:
Goal 3: Good health and well-being - Ensuring healthy lives and promoting the well-being for all at all ages is essential to sustainable development
Goal 6: Clean water and sanitation - Clean, accessible water for all is an essential part of the world we want to live in
Goal 11: Sustainable cities and communities - There needs to be a future in which cities provide opportunities for all, with access to basic services, energy, housing, transportation and more
Goal 15: Life on land - Sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, halt and reverse land degradation, halt biodiversity loss